Ed Yetsko MBA, CFP®, AIF®, CSRIC™(607) 239-6333
One of the lessons that I have learned from my years of experience as a financial planner, naval officer, lacrosse coach, and educator is that being great at any of those is all about understanding your goal or mission and how to best use the skills and strengths of the people (and companies) that you have available to work with to accomplish your goal.
While I have been helping my clients meet their financial goals for over 30 years now, that lesson has become even more apparent. I understand that my clients are the most important part of my practice. Recognizing that everyone’s economic and life situation is unique, I know that personalized service is essential when matching my clients with the right financial solutions. As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, I am bound by the CFP® Board's Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct in delivering those solutions. The first duty of a CFP® is a Fiduciary Duty to Clients. That is simply stated, to act in their best interests at all times. When working with any advisor, it is important to understand whether or not they are acting as a fiduciary.
Whatever your life goals, I want to help you make the best financial decisions that support those goals. Working together, we can create a plan to do just that. Please contact me for an appointment to get started or book an appointment directly on my scheduling page.
Education, qualifications, and additional background
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- Chartered SRI Counselor™ (CSRIC™)
- BS, US Naval Academy
- MBA, Binghamton University
- Financial Planning Association
- Investments and Wealth Institute
- US Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
- Community Foundation for South Central New York Grant Review Panel
Some other fun facts…
- Married for 42 years to wife Lynn and proud father of 4 daughters and grandfather of 9.
- Professor in the Business Department at SUNY Broome Community College where my courses include Personal Finance and Investments.
- I’m a H.O.G. Member and ride when I can.
- Retired Navy Captain with 27 years of total service (6 active and 21 reserve). While on active duty as a submarine warfare officer, I earned status as both a Bluenose and a Shellback (for landlubbers, this means I crossed the Arctic Circle and Equator at sea).
- Lifelong NY Mets and Buffalo Bills fan.
- Former junior college and high school lacrosse coach and played back in the day.